DEMOLITION DERBY RULES
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 30th, 2018 at 1:30 pm
ENTRY FEE is $25.00 FOR EACH CAR
REGISTRATION IS BETWEEN 9:30am and NOON
DERBY CONTACTS: Harold Ross – 519-808-8882
To Register: Anna Tokarz – 519-782-2617
DEMOLITION DERBY RULES & REGULATIONS
DEMO DERBY REGULATIONS
A. Each driver must fill out an Entry Form. All drivers must supply their own cars. Only one entry per person. Proof of ownership must accompany each car entered.
B. Each driver must be of legal age in Ontario (18 years) and must hold a valid Driver’s Licence.
C. The track or promoter reserves the right to approve or reject all entries
D. NEW RULE: Only owners, drivers, mechanics, etc. who sign the release sheet are permitted in the pit area or on the track up to a maximum of 3.
E. No cars are permitted in the competition area before the heat in which they are to participate.
F. The promoter, track owners or the fair association will not be held responsible for any cars, parts, or personal property before, during and after the show or overnight.
TYPE OF CAR
1. Any American-made stock, hardtop automobile or station wagon is allowed. No trucks, convertibles, jeeps, hearses, or limousines are allowed.
2. Any stock factory-made rear-ends are permitted, including positraction and limited-slip differentials.
PREPARATION OF THE CAR
Remove the following BEFORE arriving at the fairgrounds
1. The car must be race-ready and ready for inspection when entering the fair grounds
2. All glass including the windshield, side windows, rear window, head and tail lights. Rolling the windows down is not permitted.
3. Chrome molding strips and the bottom portion of the rear seats must be removed.
4. Any sharp protruding fins or dangerous objects. (Mask down or cut off)
5. No special bumpers, reinforcements, fabrications or trailer hitches are permitted.
6. Welded solid, or chained down engine mounts are recommended.
7. MANDATORY – Seat restraint – Illustration A (scroll down) below
8. MANDATORY – Driver door protection – Illustration B1 or B2 (scroll down) below
9. No spring jacks, blocked shocks or reversed shackles are permitted. The suspension must be free of blocks.
10. Ball joints, tie rods, control arms and steering linkage must remain stock – NO REINFORCEMENT ALLOWED.
11. Only one automotive type battery is allowed. It may be moved to any position in the car, but it must be securely fastened and covered. Boxed in – No BUNGEE CORDS!
12. All doors must be fastened shut by wire, straps, or welded for the driver’s safety. Reference item 7 above.
13. Cutting fenders for wheel clearance only is permissible and ends of bumpers may be cut off.
14. Radiators, transmission coolers and heaters must remain in the original position or be taken off.
15. The hood may be fastened down in 4 places; the trunk lid or tailgate may be fastened down in 4 places, with only 2 strands of wire through each hole. It is recommended that the hood and trunk lid springs be removed. Official’s decision over the use of wire will prevail. No aditional weight in the trunk is allowed.
16. The driver’s door should be painted white and left blank for numbering. Special numbers are permitted, but only on a white background.
17. Gas Tanks: Stock gas tanks must be removed. You must use a CSA Marine gas tank or custom metal tank. The gas tank must be securely mounted in the middle of the back seat. Unsafe gas tanks will result in disqualification.
18. Cars with electric fuel pumps must have a safety shut-off switch with easy access located to the left of the steering column between the column and window post and be painted with florescent red paint.
19. The auto must be swept clean. No junk tires, wheels, metal parts, etc. are allowed inside the car.
20. Each car must be signed in and inspected at the entrance to the infield and each driver will be assigned a heat . . . NO ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED ONE HOUR PRIOR TO SHOW TIME.
21. It is MANDATORY that a minimum 16 inch opening be cut in the center of the hood over the carburator and the carburator must be covered by a breather to prevent fires.
22. Only automotive type 4 ply tires are allowed. No double tires or liquids in the tires. No studs or screws in the rims to hold the tires.
23. A strong wire, bar, or cable should be attached from the bottom to the top of the windshield on or near the driver’s side of the vehicle. This safety precaution is taken to prevent injury to the driver in the event that a front-end collision may dislodge the hood and send it into the driver compartment through the open windshield. Scatter shields are also recommended.
DURING THE RUNNING OF THE DERBY HEAT
1. A safety belt, Z-90 approved helmet and approved goggles (all goggles or face shields must be clear in colour) for eye protection is required.
2. Driver’s may manoeuver forward and backward, but there will be No deliberate head-on collisions and no deliberate hitting on the driver’s door.
3. Vehicles must be dependable and have sufficient brakes at all times. Boundaries must be observed.
4. Alcohol: Wallacetown Fair has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for the consumption or possession of any alcohol or controlled substance by the driver or pit crew member. Any person found in possession or under the influence of such a substance will be disqualified from participation in the event and will not be issued a refund.
5. A vehicle will be disqualified if the driver’s door comes open during a heat.
6. A one minute time limit is enforced by the track officials for restarts and making competitive contact with another car. Hits must be aggressive. Simple contact within the time limit does not constitute combat and could be considered sandbagging.
7. All cars are to be removed from the fairgrounds following the show by 9:00 p.m. or they will become the property of the Wallacetown Agricultural Society and the officials will have them removed unless otherwise notified at the driver’s meeting. A removal deposit may be required in some instances.
8. A $100.00 protest fee is required to contest an action against another car.
9. Anyone in the pit area must be 16 years old or older.
10. If anyone without a pit pass is found associating with a car in the ring or pit area, will cause the car to be disqualified for the day.
11. Only officials and drivers of derby cars are allowed in the ring.
Additional safety regulations may be imposed depending on the track.
The derby will be composed of individual heats, Powder-Puff and the Finals. Cash prizes and trophies will go to the winners of each heat, powder-puff, and will go to the finals. The second place winners will receive a cash prize. All first place winners go on to the Feature Event. The Society will also award two trophies for the Best Looking Car and one for the Best Theme Car entries. The decisions of the judges are final as to the winner of each heat. Rules and heats are subject to change without notice according to the Wallacetown Agricultural Society.
Titles must be turned in on all cars left for junk.
The Agricultural Society firmly believes this event to be local in nature and therefore has decided that only residents from the following townships will be allowed to participate. Dunwich, Southwold, Central Elgin, Yarmouth, Aldborough, Mossa, and Exfrid.
The entry fee is $25.00 per entry. Entries will be accepted up to 12:30 p.m.
DAY OF THE EVENT: Sunday
CAR INSPECTIONS TO BEGIN AT 9:30 a.m.
STARTING TIME – 1:30 p.m.
ALL CARS TO ENTER AT BACK GATE.
For further information call Harold Ross at 519-808-8882 or Anna Tokarz to register at 519 762-2617